A cow is just like any other living organism on this planet that has to fulfill his need of water. 83% of this need is being fulfilled by drinking water, this means that about 68.7 to 84.3 liters of water have to be consumed on an average daily basis. The other 17% of the need is being fulfilled by food. Given that about 85% of milk exists of water, it is of great importance that the quality of the drinking water is at a high level. Is this not the case, then the cows will consume less water and probably produce less milk.
With this tool herd managers will be able to detect differences in water consumption related to temperature and humidity. That way herd managers can react in time to improve the quality of the drinking water and volume.